Introduction to Bed Bath and Beyond MasterCard
The Bed Bath and Beyond master card are issued by the US bank for use at the Bed Bath and Beyond stores and their affiliates, IF you are a regular customer for their home appliances which include linen beddings, pillows among others, this credit card might come in handy to you. You can use it to build up your reward points that if accumulated to a certain amount, can be good for a $10 worth gift card that can be spent at any of the Bed Bath and Beyond stores.
Just like in any other store-issued a credit card, this card provides you with points or every purchase you make. These points can eventually be redeemed for $10 which can be used for more purchases at the stores. Unlike most of the store-issued credit cards, the Bed Bath and Beyond Master card have an interest rate that fits within the industry’s standard, unlike all the other store credit cards which feature ridiculously high-interest rates. However, this only applies to cardholders with a solid credit score. For other people whose credit score is not very appealing, looking for an alternative credit card would be the right thing to do unless they do not mind being slapped with an interest rate that is higher than 20%.
How the card works
For each time that you purchase good using your Bed Bath and Beyond Master card, you will earn reward points which if well accumulated, can still be used at the store to make more purchases. The speed at which your points accumulate is all dependent on the store of your choice. The credit card is accepted in a number of stores including Bed Bath and Beyond, Christmas Tree shop, Harmon Face Values Shops, and buybuy Baby shops.
Like I mentioned above, the Bed Bath and Beyond Master card is issued by the US bank. According to the card, the card has been enabled to reward five points for every dollar that is spent at the Bed Bath and Beyond and other affiliate shops. Purchases are done elsewhere that is not among the mentioned store will earn you one point for a dollar spent. For 1,000 reward points, you will be rewarded with $10 worth gift card, which according to the rebate rate, is 1%, the most favorable reward score ever made by a store-issued credit card. These rewards can only be earned when you shop at one of their physical stores, not online.
As an effort to incentivize shopper to apply for the card, new members are rewarded with $10 worth reward card, which can be used at any of the specified stores. In addition, new cardholders are rewarded with a $25 worth coupon that is validated by purchases amounting to $100 or more, purchased using the new card.
As an added advantage, this card comes with no annual fees.
Online Shopping with Bed Bath and Beyond Master Card
While shopping at one of the Bed Bath and Beyond physical stores earns you 5 points for every dollar, online shopping does not earn you any extra points. To earn points in online shopping, you will need a Discover More card which has linked the Bed Bath and Beyond company as one of their affiliate partners. When shopping at their online store using your Discover card, your account will be awarded 5% rebates. There are also other rewards programs that have the Bed Bath and Beyond as their online merchant partner. These programs include Citi’s Bonus Cash Center, BOA’s Add it Up and Chase Ultimate Reward. G=However, none of the later pays 5%, only the Discover card.
Things to Consider Before Applying for the Bed Bath and Beyond Master Card
Before making a decision to apply for the Bed Bath and beyond master card, there are a number of things that you should be aware of.
- Issuing of the card is subject to availability and approval.
- The card has different standard valuable purchase rates (APR), depending on the cardholders creditworthiness and the general prime rate. The most common rates are 16.24%, 20.24%, and 26.24%. The card also has a minimum interest charge of 2% for every credit plan.
- Based on an individual’s billing statement, the reward certificates are given in $10 increment with the application of the exclusions and restrictions stated in their terms and conditions.
- Interest is charged directly from the card holder’s account according to the standard valuable purchase APR, starting from the date of the purchase in cases where the promotional balance has not been settled in full, by the time the promotional period elapses.
- If you are qualified and your card application is accepted, the offer will be sent by mail, not earlier than 90 days from the date of the application.
- After approval of your card, you are required to make your first purchase immediately in order to get the $15 of a statement credit. Purchase made later than this will not qualify for this reward. Also, the purchase you make must be worth $15 or more.
- The credit statement will be posted to your account after a period of not less than 2 billing cycles from the day that you got issued with the card.
- You cannot use your temporary shopping pass to purchase gift cards or collect in-store orders.
With all that in mind, if you still find the card to be beneficial, you can go ahead with the application process.
How to Apply for Bed Bath and Beyond Mastercard
- Visit the Comenity Official Website
- Carefully fill in the application form. Here you will be required to indicate your general financial information, for example, your social security number, annual income, source of employment and your address.
- After making sure that all the information you have given is accurate, you can submit the application.
- If your application is denied, you can log in into the official Bed Bath and Beyond Website where you can contact the customer support team and they will clarify possible reasons for your application’s rejection.
Benefits of having the Bed Bath and Beyond Master Card
As we have seen earlier in this post, for every dollar you spend at the Bed Bath and Beyond stores or any of the company’s affiliate stores, you will be awarded 5 reward points. Shopping in other stores using their master card will earn you one point for every dollar spent. After accumulating 1,000 points, you can redeem these points for a gift card worth $10 that can be spent to shop at any of their stores or affiliate shops. In addition, you will receive a $10 gift card the first time you purchase using your card. The new card will come with $25 off for $100 worth of purchases or more.
Other benefits include:
- No annual fees
- For every purchase at the Bed Bath and Beyond or any of their affiliate store, you get a chance to quickly accumulate points.
- Their interest rate is very reasonable depending on your credit score.
- Before receiving the $10 reward card, you are required to have spent $1000 or more buying goods at the Bed Bath and Beyond stores.
- They have late fee penalties and returned payment fee of $35, which is obviously too high
- Cardholder with weak credit scores are charged a purchase interest rate of more than 20%.
If you are planning on renovating your home appliances and would like to shop at the Bed Bath and Beyond stores, getting this MasterCard will present you with very ripe opportunities to leap great rewards. You can earn a considerable amount of points which will go a long way in helping you save money at the stores.
In case you love shopping at the comfort of your home, getting their Discover card will work just as well.